A warm welcome awaits everyone at
Bilton Methodist Church
Seek God ..... Serve Others ..... Share the Good News
Our church has stood on the corner of Main Street and Lawford Lane since 1893.
Methodists, enthused by the religious movement started by John Wesley in the 18th century, first began to meet in their members' houses in Bilton village in 1832.
By 1838 a small chapel had been built in Magnet Lane which, by the early 1890's,
had become too small for the growing congregation and was replaced by the present building in 1893.
A new hall was built in 1979 and more recently we have continued to seek to adapt the buildings and our activities and services
to meet the needs of our members and the community in the 21st century.
We are a community of about 50 people, mainly in the older age group,
who seek to support each other and welcome others to join us in discipleship to Jesus Christ.
Our worship generally follows a traditional Methodist pattern on Sundays with a more informal monthly midweek communion service.
As well as our Sunday Worship,
we offer other activities/services.......
Coffee Morning Fellowship
Bilton House Worship
Hospital Services at St Cross
Hire of Church Hall